Norm Gibson Hall Hire
Terms & Conditions
1. Booking confirmation: All bookings are confirmed by payment of a deposit.
2. Bond: The bond will be refunded to you post event, given the hired area is left in a clean and tidy condition, as it was found prior to your function commencement. The refund of your bond is at the discretion of the Operations Manager. You may choose to hire a cleaner via Club West Lakes, however a fee will apply.
3. Settlement: Settlement of the account is required prior to the function or on the day/evening of the function.
4. Cancellations: Any function cancelled more than 90 days of the function date will have the full deposit refunded. 14 – 89 days the deposit will be forfeited. Less than 14 days, the deposit plus 50% of your estimated costs will be forfeited unless Club West Lakes can rebook your function date.
5. Compliance: The organiser will conduct the occasion in accordance with Club West Lakes Terms and Conditions and all other laws applicable. Management reserves the right to close any function if their organiser has supplied misleading/incorrect information at time of booking.
6. Displays & Signage: The organiser is welcome to personalise the hired area with displays/decorations; however, nothing is to be nailed, glued, pinned or sticky taped to any wall. Blue tac adhesive can be used. No confetti is permitted. For a fee, our staff can decorate the hired area for you.
7. Responsibility: The organiser is financially responsible for any damages or breakages sustained to Club West Lakes by any function attendees. Damages and additional cleaning fees will be deemed the responsibility of the organiser.
8. Start Time and Set Up Time: The organiser is to discuss with Management, noting that it will be restricted during Lawn Bowling and Tennis Seasons.
9. Departure: The organiser is to remove all displays/decorations, or all items brought into the venue and vacate the premises by 2am at that time the hall will self alarm. Failure to do so within this timeframe may incur additional charges.
10. Disorderly Behaviour: The Club West Lakes reserves the right to exclude or eject any and all objectionable person(s) from the function or Club premises without liability.
11. Fire Safety: The use of compressed gas, flammable liquid/gas, heaters, lamps, lanterns and other heat producing devices are prohibited.
12. Insurance: The Club West Lakes will not accept responsibility for damages or loss of merchandise left in the Club prior, during or after the function. The organiser should arrange their own insurance if required. If the Organiser is a Corporate Body a copy their certificate of currency (insurance) for public liability is to be provided.
13. Unforeseen Events: The Club West Lakes does not accept any liability in the event of any natural disasters, labour disputes, transportation strikes, power failure or any other unforeseen circumstances that is beyond the control of the Club.